BAY OFFICE : 02920 489 000
CATHAYS OFFICE: 02920 388 399

Keylet Sales and Lettings Agents Cardiff - Landlord Checklist

Below is a handy checklist for new landlords - and old - to help make the process of renting your property easier

  • Mortgage lenders permission in writing, if applicable, to be obtained. A copy of the permission letter must be given to us before we can proceed to let the property.
  • Head leaser’s permission in writing, if applicable (for Leasehold properties) to be obtained and a copy given to us.
  • Your property and its contents to be adequately insured.
  • Your property contents insurers to be made aware of your intention to let and that we have been informed of any stipulation imposed by them.
  • An Energy Performance Assessment to be carried out. Please forward a copy of the report and certification to our office. If you would like us to arrange this on your behalf then please inform us at the time of registering your property.
  • Gas fires, boiler etc to be tested and serviced. Please inform us of the name of the CORGI registered contractor who carried out the works and forward to us a copy of the appropriate Gas Safety Record at least five days before letting. Failure to do so will result in Keylet performing a gas safety check on your behalf, at an additional cost.
  • Safety checks to be completed on all electrical appliances and equipment. Please forward a copy of your safety records and certification. Failure to do so will result in Keylet performing an electrical safety check on your behalf, at an additional cost.
  • Any smoke detectors within the property to be fully tested.
  • Your mail to be redirected.
  • Full set of master keys to be forwarded to us, to include all rear exits, garages, outhouses, mail box, door entry fobs and car parking fobs.
  • The refrigerator and/or freezer to be turned off and the doors left open.
  • Ensure garden is in seasonal order and sufficient gardening equipment to be left as necessary.
  • Operating instructions for all appliances to be left in the property.
  • If you are going overseas, ensure you have made all the necessary arrangements with an accountant to handle all your tax commutations.
  • Notify all utility companies of your departure and ensure all accounts are closed and that relevant companies have your forwarding address.
  • Ensure the house is left clean and tidy.
  • Complete and sign our Management Agreement, Confirmation of Instructions and provide two original forms of identification together with proof of ownership.
  • Overseas landlords to have applied for tax exemption form.